I was so excited about how the 18th century peplum jacket turned out that I ran out and bought Vogue pattern 1132. It has a jacket with tapered ruffle in the back. I decided on making the vest with some houndstooth fabric bought recently and green mystery fabric that was purchased back in my university days at a department sale we had. The armholes were self-finished with a rolled hem and I used a hook and eye as the closure.
Don’t worry, I’m getting rid of that old fabric stash little by little with my sewing experiments. My choices back then were pretty scary.
I used the same lining technique where the fashion fabric and lining are layered and sewn together in one seam. Still loving it although I did run into some issues with the front facing. The collar needs to be sandwiched in first, duh Melvenea.
All in all it was a successfully project. Still debating whether I need a matching skirt. We’ll see. I actually wore it with black pants and a tee and got compliments. It feels good to finally be making things I can wear. The ultimate compliment was having someone ask me to make one for her. I think I will!